Private publishing affords an opportunity for writers, authors, photographers, artists and others, regardless of experience, to get their work published in a professional manner, in a variety of finished book forms. We have published novels, military and local histories, children’s books, poetry, guidebooks, autobiographies and life stories. Private publishing is particularly suitable where the work is aimed at local interest, or simply where individual wishes to commit a body of work to permanent, printed form.
Self-publishing has matured in recent years to become a major element of the UK publishing industry. It is increasingly viewed as a respectable approach for authors, not a personal vanity. The reasons for choosing to self-publishing might a desire to be more widely read; a hope that the book will be picked up by a ‘traditional’ publisher; the wish to publish for a small audience that a commercial publisher will not find profitable; the personal fulfillment of one’s hobby; publishing for family and friends; publishing as part of a business venture; or a wish to make money from writing.
These and many others are all perfectly valid reasons for an author to consider financing the publication of their own book.
Our services are tailored to meet individual requirements and can include any or all of the following:
- Advice on manuscripts, illustrations, photographs and art work
- Typing services for manuscripts
- Commissioning specialist art work for internal illustrations and book covers
- Full editing advice and support
- Copy editing and proof reading
- Full layout and design services
- Printing and delivery
- ISBNs and National book listing
- Copyright and Legal deposits
- Local marketing and national e-sales support
- Production and marketing of books in e-book format for Kindle etc.
The desire to ‘write a book’ often eclipses the ultimate purpose of doing so. But if you can be clear about your motives and your ambitions for the book, it will help in the decisions that you’ll need to make about how the book will be published, marketed and sold.There are 5 aspects to consider before you start…